Over the last week we have made considerable progress on building the new club website design, adding more predefined page templates and fine tuning the smaller details.
New Admin Panel
The admin panel is the online system you will use to update your website – covering everything from content and club sponsors to documents and photos.
We rebuilt the admin panel from the ground up to ensure the admin experience was slick, quicker and easier, with less mouse clicks to get the job done.
Sidebar and Mobile Responsive
You don’t need to have HTML knowledge to run a Grassroots Connected club website. In fact, we have went that extra step, as our system pulls your club’s social media feeds (Facebook and Twitter) and displays them in the right sidebar of your site.
Arguably the most challenging aspect of a website design project is ensuring all elements are responsive across all devices – mobile, tablet and PC. With this in mind, we have invested a significant number of man hours to test and fine tune.
The navigation menu now responds well on mobile, with a clickable three-line button revealing the navigation menu on smaller devices.
Your club sponsors will have a dedicated page on your site, with the option to upload their logo and link to the sponsor’s website via the admin panel.
We’ve made life easier. Forget pasting a hyperlink or storing membership documents and forms on Google Drive. When you have uploaded a document to your site via the admin panel, you will then be able to tick a checkbox to display a document on the Documents page.
Looking to recruit a new first team manager, media officer or just need an extra pair of hands on a matchday? The new Club Vacancies section within the admin panel comes with a dedicated page to showcase volunteering or paid opportunities for your club.
When you add a new vacancy or opportunity within the admin panel under Content / Club Vacancies, this is displayed by default on the Vacancies page of your site.
– Header – completed 18/05/2020
– Footer – completed 18/05/2020
– Home Page – completed 18/05/2020
– Latest news page template – completed 12/06/2020
– Fixtures page template – completed 14/06/2020
– Find Us page – completed 15/06/2020
– Squads page template – completed 16/06/2020
– Admin panel – completed 17/06/2020
– Add sidebar to all pages (with club Twitter feed and website search feature) – completed 17/06/2020
– Sponsors page template (with sponsor logos) – completed 17/06/2020
– Contact page template (with GDPR contact form) – completed 18/06/2020
– Club documents page template (link to admin) – completed 18/06/2020
– Volunteering vacancies template (link to admin) – completed 18/06/2020
– Ensured website is mobile responsive for all page templates – completed 18/06/2020
– Safeguarding page template (with FA links) – completed 25/06/2020
– Add social sharing buttons – completed 27/06/2020
– New Login page for club websites – 28/06/2020
– Staff page template (with profiles/contact info)
– Player stats page template (by squad/season)
With just 2 more features to complete we plan to release the new design imminently. We will announce further updates on our Facebook, Twitter and website.
Like what you see? Register your interest in signing up for a club website by contacting us.