We know it can be a daunting task setting up a new club website and the ongoing maintenance that is required to keep content fresh. That is why you may wish to share webmaster access – avoid giving out your own account login details for security reasons, instead add another user and set their privileges as an administrator.
Adding another Admin User
- Log in to your website’s admin panel.
- From the admin menu, click on Users.
- Select Website Admin Roles from the subsequent dropdown menu.
- Click the Add New button.
- Scroll down to where it says Add New User.
- Enter a username, the email address of the user you wish to add, select their role (see below breakdown of roles) and leave the Skip Confirmation Email option unticked.
- Finally click the Add New User button.
Breakdown of Admin Roles
Subscriber – the user can see content that is posted and can leave a comment, but not post any content to the site.
Player & Staff – these are legacy roles and do not allow the user to post or edit content to the site.
Contributor – can post news articles but these must then be submitted for approval to an administrator to click the publish button, by default
Author & Editor – can post content without the content needing to be reviewed
Administrator – full administrative access, able to access and update any information, account details and post/edit content